Do you remember what you were planning for 3 months ago? Doesn't that feel like a distant past? Things have changed drastically and it hasn't been easy. Yet I find myself getting used to the "new normal". Graduation and birthday parades have become the new tradition that's connecting streets and neighborhoods. You can now do almost anything virtually, including participating in a kid's triathlon. I'm encouraged to see my neighbors and people in our communities helping each other, standing up for what's right, and adapting to the changes in every aspect of life.
With everything else that has changed in our day-to-day routines, the way we navigate the housing market has changed dramatically in just the last few months. Here are the top trends we see that won't be going away any time soon.
- Working from home is changing the way we think about where to live. People are seeking out bigger houses in the suburbs to save money, get more space, and gain a better quality of life that is offered by eliminating a long commute.
- Nursing homes and senior communities have been impacted the most by COVID-19, therefore families are looking to move their older family members nearby or purchasing bigger homes.
- LIVE Virtual Open Houses are here to stay. Although it may seem like you'll be missing the physical aspect of being in a house at first, live virtual open houses offer many benefits. Virtual tours and virtual open houses on social media quickly became the popular (and sometimes the only) option for buyers in place of the traditional open house – and offers an incredible opportunity that benefits the buyer and the seller. Click here to see my first LIVE open house.
- The uncertainty of COVID-19 has led to able buyers to purchase second homes and vacation properties. With the concern of air travel being so high and the use of hotels very low, vacation properties are becoming more viable options.
- Mortgage rates are an all-time low which is enticing first-time homebuyers to hit the market. Current mortgage owners are looking to refinance.
As always, I am ready and happy to guide you through your real estate journey, no matter where you choose to find your community.
All the best,